Shannon Gets a Mommy Makeover
Mommy Makeover in San Diego
Changing the Post Pregnancy Body with the Mommy Makeover
Motherhood is one of the most precious and rewarding experiences that a woman can go through. From the excitement of learning that you are pregnant through the joys and trials of raising your children, parenthood is an irreplaceable and permanent part of your life. So too are the physical changes which accompany motherhood.
Pregnancy, childbirth, and nursing take their toll on a woman’s figure. During the subsequent years of child rearing your dedication and commitment are focused on the care of your children and away from yourself. During that time your physical appearance may slide which can negatively impact your confidence and self-esteem.
Common physical findings associated with motherhood include:
- Weight gain
- Loss of breast fullness
- Sagging breasts
- Rounding of the abdomen with loss of muscle strength
- Abdominal hernias
- Loss of vaginal tone
- Enlargement of the labia
With the advances in body contouring, having children should never be seen as having to sacrifice your body. The surgeons at Changes Plastic Surgery & Spa are experts in Mommy Makeovers.
What Is a Mommy Makeover?
The Mommy Makeover is a set of procedures designed to restore your body to its pre-pregnancy appearance. A youthful, vivacious and energetic body can be regained with procedures performed by two of San Diego’s leading plastic surgeons, Dr. Gilbert Lee and Dr. Brian Reagan.
In many cases, diet and exercise alone are insufficient for women who want to return to their pre-pregnancy appearance. Fortunately, Changes Plastic Surgery & Spa are here to revamp your post-pregnancy appearance and improve body contours. Patients can lose up to 25 pounds following these procedures, recapturing the appearance of their 20’s.
What Does a Mommy Makeover Include?
A mommy makeover generally includes more than one of the following plastic surgeries, including:
- Breast Augmentation – Involves the surgical placement of breast implants to bolster the fullness of the breasts and improve breast symmetry.
- Breast Lift – Raises and firms the breasts by minimizing excess skin and tightening the surrounding tissue, resulting in enhanced breast contours.
- Tummy Tuck – Eliminates excess fat and skin, providing a smoother, firmer abdominal profile.
- Liposuction – Removes excess fat deposits, and ultimately, enhances the body’s contours and proportion.
- Vaginal Tightening – Serves as a procedure designed to “tighten up” a vagina that is loose or slack due to childbirth or aging.
- Labial Reduction – Reduces the labia minora (inner lips) to minimize protrusion beyond the labia majora (outer lips).
Some women may request improvement in all of the above areas, whereas some may greatly benefit from just a few of the above. A private and discreet consultation with a Changes surgeon will help you with your personal treatment plan.
Why Should You Choose Changes Plastic Surgery & Spa for a Mommy Makeover?
Dr. Gilbert Lee and Dr. Brian Reagan have over 35 years combined experience in body contouring through plastic surgery. Having been recognized as Top Docs in plastic surgery by the San Diego County Medical Society, you can be confident in their ability to restore the figure you enjoyed before having children.
Ready to learn more about how a mommy makeover can give you your pre-pregnancy body back? To find out more about our options, please contact us today at 858-720-1440.