Bellafill – The Long Lasting Wrinkle Solution
If you love the wrinkle correction you get from temporary fillers but are tired of returning for repeat treatments, then Bellafill® (formerly Artefill) may be the ideal solution for you. Bellafill is the only soft tissue filler product on the market designed to last up to 5 years.
Bellafill® is a dual-acting wrinkle filler. Bellafill is also our preferred product for regenerating lost facial volume. A person typically loses a teaspoon of fat in their face per year after the age of 40. Bellafill adds instant volume (and satisfaction) and the results are long-lasting. Once it’s injected into the deep portion of the skin under the wrinkle, the collagen in Bellafill visibly corrects the wrinkle. Over time the collagen is absorbed by the body but the microspheres remain intact providing the support your skin needs for long-lasting, natural feeling wrinkle correction. Before treatment, a collagen skin test is recommended to indicate any allergic reaction. If no reaction appears in approximately 4 weeks, you are a candidate for Bellafill and can be safely treated.
Bellafill Acne Scar Treatment
Now Changes Plastic Surgery & Spa offers a solution for unsightly deep acne scarring. Recently FDA approved, Bellafill is indicated for moderate to severe acne scarring on the cheeks. Specifically, Bellafill is indicated for “rolling” acne scars. Icepick scarring and box car scars, however, cannot be improved with injection of Bellafill. To determine if you have the type of acne scarring treatable by Bellafill, simply stretch the skin surrounding the scar. If the scar flattens with tension it can be treated with Bellafill.
Acne scar treatment is simple. We begin with a small injection of lidocaine to numb the area surrounding the scar to minimize discomfort. One or more injections of Bellafill will be placed under the skin’s surface. Some massage may be done immediately after the injection. Redness and bruising at the site of injection may occur.
Click on the collapsible panel to open and close it.
- Bellafill is a soft tissue filler product—the sole product on the market in this class that is designed to last up to 5 years. This means it gives the results you can get from soft tissue fillers that lend your face volume and smooth away wrinkles, but eliminates the need for return visits for up to 5 years. It can fill acne scars, wrinkles, smile lines and similar flaws.
- The surefire way to find out if you are a candidate for Bellafill in San Diego is to come in for a consultation with a Changes surgeon. Your surgeon can examine your face, take your history, and explore your options with you. However, if you have deep lines to fill you are probably going to be helped by Bellafill, and if you can stretch the skin around your acne scarring and it flattens with that tension, the scars are probably treatable by Bellafill. All that remains is a collagen skin test; if you experience no allergic reaction within approximately 4 weeks, you are a good candidate for Bellafill.
- Just like with other facial fillers, Bellafill is injected in an office visit. Most patients undergo injection of 5 syringes in one office visit. Just after the injection, some massage may be done. Bruising and redness at the injection site may occur, but won’t last long.
- This depends on how much area you’re treating, but typically you will be done in less than an hour—usually much less.
- Expect little to no downtime. Redness and bruising should resolve within a few days at most. The full results of Bellafill take some time to develop; you should see its full effects within 2 to 3 months.
- Bellafill contains polymethylmethacrylate microspheres. These assist your skin’s natural processes in the replacement of lost collagen. (This is why it takes some time to see the full results.) It lasts longer than any other filler out there, and works naturally.
- Bellafill is primarily used to restore volume in fat depleted facial areas. It can improve smile lines, deep creases and wrinkles from aging, and some fine lines.Bellafill is indicated for “rolling” acne scars, the moderate to severe facial scarring that smooths out when you apply tension to the skin of the face. Box car scars and icepick scarring, however, are not treatable with injection of Bellafill.
- Bellafill costs $3600 to $4000 per 5 syringe kit.