10 Most Popular Types of Plastic Surgery Around the World
- Uses breast implants or fat to increase the size of the breasts.
- Improves symmetry of breasts.
- In 2013, 290,000 breast augmentation surgeries were performed in the U.S., making it the top country for this procedure.\
2. Nose reshaping (Rhinoplasty)
- Bolsters the appearance and proportion of the nose.
- Can correct impaired breathing due to structural defects in the nose.
- Recent data indicates China ranked first among countries where rhinoplasty is being performed, followed by Japan, South Korea, and Brazil.
3. Eyelid surgery (Blepharoplasty)
- Improves the appearance of the upper and lower eyelids.
- Can treat drooping lower eyelids and puffiness in the eyelids.
- In Asia, where 50 percent of the population has no upper eyelid fold, the Asian Double Fold Procedure creates a distinct upper eyelid fold.
- Reshapes various areas of the body by eliminating fat deposits.
- Enhances the body’s contours and proportion.
- Nearly 364,000 liposuction surgeries were performed in the U.S. in 2013, and the U.S. still ranks as the top country for this procedure.
5. Tummy tuck (Abdominoplasty)
- Removes excess fat and skin around the abdomen.
- Creates a smoother, flatter abdominal profile.
- Tummy tucks are popular in Australia, where the price of the procedure may range from $6,000 to $10,000.
6. Facelifts (Rhytidectomy)
- Rejuvenates the skin to remove signs of aging around the neck and face.
- Can be used to treat face sagging, deep creases along the nose and loss of skin tone.
- Brazil remains a top destination for facelifts, and it often is less expensive to receive a facelift in Brazil than in the United States.
7. Breast lift (Mastopexy)
- Raises and firms the breasts.
- Designed to rejuvenate a person’s figure by providing a more youthful breast profile.
- The American Society of Plastic Surgeons (ASPS) notes the number of breast lifts in the United States grew 70 percent between 2000 and 2013, and it remains a popular procedure in the U.S.
- Dermabrasion is an aggressive method of removing lip lines and acne scarring.
- Can be used to remove pre-cancerous growths (keratosis).
- There are at least 358 clinics in 25 countries worldwide that offer dermabrasion support.
- Designed to reverse the effects of gravity by tightening soft tissues on the forehead.
- Raises the forehead to a youthful, more alert position.
- Forehead or brow lifts are common in the U.S, and the average cost of this procedure was $3,201 in 2014.
10. Ear Surgery (Otoplasty)
- Improves the shape, position or proportion of the ear.
- Can be used to treat large ears (macrotia) or protruding ears.
- Ear surgery is popular in the UK, where financial support is available for some residents.