Massage – San Diego
Massage is beneficial in lowering blood pressure, decreasing heart rate and increasing blood circulation and lymph flow.
It brings tranquility to the mind and clears your emotions.
It also facilitates recovery in patients who have undergone surgery.That is why we incorporate post operative lymphatic massage into our surgical procedures.
Twila Shakespeare, licensed esthetician, is also certified in the Vodder method of manual lymph drainage.
Post Surgical Manual Lymphatic Drainage Massage (MLD) helps the body to eliminate fluids and reduces the swelling and discomfort associated with surgery. Developed in Europe int he 1930’s by Dr. Emil and Estrid Vodder, Manual Lymph Drainage (MLD) is a safe, effective, yet gentle approach to cleansing the body tissues. It can benefit a healthy person as well as be applied to more than 60 different conditions.
- MLD removes metabolic wastes, excess water, toxins, bacteria, large protein molecules and foreign substances from the tissues.
- MLD, through its gentle rhythmical precise hand movements, alleviates pain by greatly reducing the pain signals sent to the brain.
- MLD relaxes the sympathetic nervous system, thus helping to relieve stress.
- MLD supports and enhances the action of the immune system.
- MLD helps the body to heal more quickly from injuries, surgical trauma, chronic conditions and edema.
- MLD helps to minimize scar formation.